Nothing beats handcrafted and personally prepared gifts. This Mother’s Day, cooking something simple is one of the best and most economical gift ideas. It is the personal touch of cooking it that makes it special.
Here are some quick, simple, and easy recipes you can try.
Cooking oil, for sauteing
1 piece red onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 pieces large tomato, diced
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 piece chorizo Bilbao, sliced
1 ½ cups tomato sauce
3 cups water
2 cups diced kamote
½ piece cabbage, quartered
1 bundle petchay
1 bundle Baguio beans
1 can green peas
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté garlic, onion, tomato, chorizo, and chicken until aroma comes out.
2. Pour in tomato sauce and water, then simmer. Add the vegetables. Put the harder ones first and the leafy ones later—season according to your preference.
Another quick and easy dish to cook is beef with broccoli. With simple ingredients and basic procedures, this elegant dish will elevate your Mother’s Day celebration.
BEEF WITH BROCCOLI
1/4 kilo beef sirloin (or tenderloin)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 pieces white onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
4 slices ginger, julienned
3 cups broccoli
1/2 cup red and green bell peppers
1. Marinate beef sirloin (or tenderloin) in soy sauce and cornstarch for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat cooking oil, then sauté ginger and garlic until aromatic. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the thinly sliced beef and the bell peppers. Stir-fry and season according to your preference.
Finally, to add some sweetness, you can try baking this simple and healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Baking something simple is one of the best and most economical gifts for Mother’s Day. Your Mom will surely love this.[/vc_column_text][us_separator]
Html code here! Replace this with any non empty text and that's it.
APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES
1/2 cup apple, grated
1 cup whole rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine rolled oats and grated apple in a small bowl. Set aside to let oats absorb the liquid.
2. Sift the Set B ingredients into a bowl and mix everything.
3. beat butter and two kinds of sugar until fluffy and sugar is dissolved. add egg and then the vanilla extract. add in the Set A mixture and mix until just combined. Scoop into a parchment-lined baking pan and bake in a pre-heated oven (356°F) for 10-12 minutes.
Make every day special
More than any other material things, these personally prepared dishes will surely make your Mom happy and feel special. Simpol is just one click away to guide you on cooking for your loved ones. Make every single day special with simple dishes made with love.
For more homey and simple recipes, browse our POPULAR RECIPES or checkout Simpol books: